Why should I hire a professional to manage my property?
While the reasons our clients choose professional property management vary, here are some of the key reasons many people elect professional management over self-management:
- We handle maintenance and emergency repairs in-house, allowing you to sleep at night and save money.
- We enforce collection of rents and serve the proper notices upon failure to pay.
- We understand and apply the correct federal, state, and local laws, keeping you and your investment out of trouble.
- We know the local market, have an extensive network of contacts, and have advertising resources available to us. This allows us to effectively market your vacant home to prospective residents to get it filled.
How will you find tenants for my house? How long will it take?
We know the importance of answering the phone every time it rings, especially when it comes to renting properties. We answer the phone and show properties Monday-Friday from 8am till 5pm.
Your property, along with photos, will be advertised on our website. It will also be run in our available properties listing that can be picked up during business hours at our main office. A unit goes on the list of available properties as soon as we make sure it is in top condition.
Can I say that I do not want any pets?
Yes, it is up to the owner whether or not they want to allow any pets.
How does S&S Property Management communicate with their owners?
We have direct and consistent contact with our owners. We send out monthly statements and invoices for each property.
How much can my investment property lease for?
Your leasing price is going to be determined by several market factors including the condition of the property, location, and the rental rates for competing homes in the immediate area. Please contact our office and we can discuss this with you as it relates to your specific property.
How much notice does a resident have to give before they can properly vacate a property?
Our lease provides that the resident give a minimum 30 day written notice that they will be leaving the unit. If a lease is broken, then that tenant will be responsible for paying the rent on that unit until the broken lease has ended or the unit is re-rented.
What does S&S Property Management need to start managing my property?
After choosing us to manage your property, we would need the following things:
- A signed management agreement that includes your Social Security number or Tax-ID, as well as all contact information.
- A copy of all current leases, along with current tenant balances, amount of deposit, and any notices pending for tenant.
- All keys associated with units and storage
- A summary of what utilities are paid by tenant, and which by owner
- A copy of proof of ownership (deed), and City of Peoria Registration
How do I pay management fees?
Will you pay my monthly bills for me?
Yes, we will pay your monthly bills for you.
Can I view my account online?
Yes, we have an owner log-in that will allow you to see the same things we see.